The 2015 Lodge Chief elections are now underway! Please submit your nominations for Lodge Chief by May 10, 2015. Voting for the Lodge Chief elections will start May 11, 2015. Further details are below.
Responsibilities of the Lodge Chief
The Lodge Chief is the principal youth officer of the lodge and is responsible for the total lodge program. The Lodge Chief presides over all lodge and executive committee meetings and is an ex-officio member of all committees. He appoints all lodge committee chairmen and supervises the lodge program through the various Chapters. The Lodge Chief consults with the Lodge Adviser on any lodge program activity or meeting item.
To complete their nomination candidates should:
1) Submit a one page (max) candidate statement describing why you should be elected Lodge Chief.
2) Submit a photo of yourself in your Scout uniform.
Deadline: Sunday, May 10, 2015, at midnight
Candidate statements and photos will be disseminated to the youth members of the lodge.
- Candidates must be a Brotherhood or Vigil Honor member in good standing with 2015 dues paid
- Term of Office: 1 year (June 1st to May 31st)
- Lodge Chief must reside in the Far East Council during their term of office.
- Any active youth Arrowman may nominate candidates.
- Youth Arrowmen may nominate themselves for office.
- Unit leaders of candidates will be contacted for concurrence.
Candidates should send their nomination form along with their one page candidate statement and photo to:
- Mr. David Strebler: email@example.com
- Mr. Rob Davis: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lodge Chief Selection Process & Timeline
- May 10 - Nominations close at midnight
- Nomination form, one page candidate statement, and photo are due by midnight.
- Send all materials to both Mr. David Strebler (email@example.com) and Mr. Rob Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Unit leaders will be contacted after receipt of nominations.
- May 11 - 24 - Chapter "Primaries"
- Candidates' information sent to youth members for an electronic vote.
- Only registered dues-paid youth members residing in Far East Council countries can vote.
- Members must have a valid e-mail address in the LodgeMaster (LM) records to vote.
- LM can be updated by Chapter Advisers, Clan Advisers, Lodge and Associate Lodge Advisers, and District Executives.
- Chapter primaries close May 24 at midnight.
- Voting will be monitored by Chapter and Lodge Key 3s.
- May 25 - May 31 - Chapter "Electoral" voting
- Each chapter gets 10 votes.
- Chapter Chiefs, in consultation with their Clan Chiefs (if any), will agree on their final electoral vote split. Votes should be divided proportionally between candidates according to the voting percentage in each chapter.
- Chapter Chiefs will submit their 10 votes to the Lodge Adviser, David Strebler (email@example.com) and Supreme Chief of the Fire, Scout Executive Karen Meier (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Each Chapter's 10 electoral votes due by 5pm, May 31st.
- A run-off will be held if no candidate receives at least 50% of the electoral votes.
- June 1 - Election results announced!
To determine your chapter for nominations and voting please see the map below.
Asia East District - Taleka Chapter
Asia West District - Choseon Chapter
Asia Central District - Awaniko Chapter
Asia South District - Shaonaxan Chapter