The 2017 Lodge Officer elections are now underway! Please submit your nominations for Lodge Officers by April 8, 2017. Voting for the Lodge Officer elections will start April 10, 2017 and be completed by May 1, 2017. Please fill out the attached word document and follow the instructions contained within it. The document also contains job descriptions for each Lodge Officer position. Further details are below. Good luck to all candidates!
· Candidates must be in good standing with 2017 dues paid.
· Candidates must be at least and Ordeal Member for the positions of Treasurer and Secretary.
· Candidates must be Brotherhood or Vigil for the positions of Lodge Chief or Vice-Chief.
· Term of Office: 1 year (June 1st to May 31st)
· Lodge Officers must reside in the Far East Council during their entire term of office, and remain under 21 years of age for the entire term.
· Any active youth Arrowman may nominate candidates.
· Youth Arrowmen may nominate themself for office.
· Unit leaders of candidates will be contacted for concurrence.
· April 8 – Nominations close at 11:59pm on April 8th.
- Nomination form, one page candidate statement, and photo are due.
- Send all materials to both
Mr. Daniel O’Neill firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. John Cuenin email@example.com
- Unit leaders will be contacted after receipt of nominations.
· April 10 - 23 – Chapter “Primaries”
- Candidates’ information sent to youth members for an electronic vote via GoogleForms.
o Only registered dues-paid youth members residing in Far East Council countries can vote.
o Members must have a valid e-mail address in the Lodge Master (LM) records to vote.
o Chapter Advisers, Clan Advisers, Lodge and Associate Lodge Adviser, and District Executives can update LM.
- Chapter primaries close April 23 at 11:59pm.
- Each Chapter’s Key 3 and the Lodge Key 3 will monitor voting.
- Each Chapter Chief will be provided with a percent response from the GoogleForm for their Chapter.
· April 24 – 30 - Chapter “Electoral” voting
- Each chapter gets 10 electoral votes per position (e.g. Chief, Vice-Chief, Secretary, Treasurer).
- Chapter Chiefs, in consultation with their Clan Chiefs (if any), will agree on their final electoral vote split. Votes should be divided proportionally between candidates for each position according to the voting percentage in each chapter.
- Each Chapter’s 10 electoral votes are due by 11:59pm, April 30th.
- A run-off will be held if no candidate receives at least 50% of the electoral votes.
· May 1 – Election results announced! (If no run off)
- The Arrowman with the most electoral votes for each position will be elected.