The candidates for Lodge Officers of Achpateuny Lodge for the 2017-2018 term, in alphabetical order, are:
Sidney Killick (pending Chapter Electoral Approval)
Surya Sriram (pending Chapter Electoral Approval)
Each of these candidates has a history of providing outstanding service to the Order of the Arrow and Scouting. They have had a positive impact on their units, clans, chapters, and the lodge. The candidates' election statements, as well as their background and photo, are below.
Youth may access the ballot here:
Four amazing Limited Edition Patches have been produced to support Order of the Arrow expansion in Asia. The Far East Council and Achpateuny Lodge support Arrowmen in over 12 countries in the Far East. These patches are available as a fundraiser to support Ceremonial Regalia and Ceremony accomplishment for Arrowmen in hard to reach areas throughout the Asia region. The fundraiser is available to all Lodge members in good standing with 2017 dues paid until May 1st, then it will be made available to the general public.
An email has been sent out to all members with the required form as an attachment. If you have not yet paid your 2017 dues, please send your dues with your Patch order, or click on the link on the Lodge homepage. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to obtain an order form if you did not receive one via email. Images of the patches are below!
The 2017 Lodge Officer elections are now underway! Please submit your nominations for Lodge Officers by April 8, 2017. Voting for the Lodge Officer elections will start April 10, 2017 and be completed by May 1, 2017. Please fill out the attached word document and follow the instructions contained within it. The document also contains job descriptions for each Lodge Officer position. Further details are below. Good luck to all candidates!
· Candidates must be in good standing with 2017 dues paid.
· Candidates must be at least and Ordeal Member for the positions of Treasurer and Secretary.
· Candidates must be Brotherhood or Vigil for the positions of Lodge Chief or Vice-Chief.
· Term of Office: 1 year (June 1st to May 31st)
· Lodge Officers must reside in the Far East Council during their entire term of office, and remain under 21 years of age for the entire term.
· Any active youth Arrowman may nominate candidates.
· Youth Arrowmen may nominate themself for office.
· Unit leaders of candidates will be contacted for concurrence.
· April 8 – Nominations close at 11:59pm on April 8th.
- Nomination form, one page candidate statement, and photo are due.
- Send all materials to both
Mr. Daniel O’Neill email@example.com
Mr. John Cuenin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unit leaders will be contacted after receipt of nominations.
· April 10 - 23 – Chapter “Primaries”
- Candidates’ information sent to youth members for an electronic vote via GoogleForms.
o Only registered dues-paid youth members residing in Far East Council countries can vote.
o Members must have a valid e-mail address in the Lodge Master (LM) records to vote.
o Chapter Advisers, Clan Advisers, Lodge and Associate Lodge Adviser, and District Executives can update LM.
- Chapter primaries close April 23 at 11:59pm.
- Each Chapter’s Key 3 and the Lodge Key 3 will monitor voting.
- Each Chapter Chief will be provided with a percent response from the GoogleForm for their Chapter.
· April 24 – 30 - Chapter “Electoral” voting
- Each chapter gets 10 electoral votes per position (e.g. Chief, Vice-Chief, Secretary, Treasurer).
- Chapter Chiefs, in consultation with their Clan Chiefs (if any), will agree on their final electoral vote split. Votes should be divided proportionally between candidates for each position according to the voting percentage in each chapter.
- Each Chapter’s 10 electoral votes are due by 11:59pm, April 30th.
- A run-off will be held if no candidate receives at least 50% of the electoral votes.
· May 1 – Election results announced! (If no run off)
- The Arrowman with the most electoral votes for each position will be elected.
Three limited edition Lodge Flaps produced for the 2017 National Scout Jamboree are available as a fundraiser to all Lodge members in good standing with 2017 dues paid. An email has been sent out to all members with 2017 dues paid with the required form as an attachment. If you have not yet paid your 2017 dues, please do so at the link on the Lodge homepage, then email email@example.com to obtain an order form! Images of the Fundraiser, Trader and Contingent Patches (in that order) are below!
The Founder’s Award was created in 1981 by the National Order of the Arrow Committee to honor and recognize those Arrowmen who have given outstanding service to the lodge. The award is reserved for a member who demonstrates to his fellow Arrowmen that he memorializes in his everyday life the spirit of achievement as described by the Order’s founders, Dr. E. Urner Goodman and Carroll A. Edson. While the Vigil Honor is a high mark of distinction, the Founder’s Award is used to recognize those Arrowmen, youth and adult, who have impacted the Lodge in a positive and lasting way. This is a rare and distinguished honor presented to recognize the spirit of our Founders visible in worthy Arrowmen.
Congratulations to this year's Founders Award recipients!
Dr. Jacobb Caones
The Vigil Honor is a high mark of distinction and recognition reserved for those Brothers who, by reason of exceptional service, personal effort, and unselfish interest, have made distinguished contributions beyond the immediate responsibilities of their position or office to one or more of the following: their lodge, the Order of the Arrow, Scouting or their Scout camp. Congratulations to this year's Vigil class!
Watch for news about their Vigils in the coming months.
Thank you to all those who took the time to nominate candidates this year and to the Vigil Selection Committee for their hard work in choosing the best candidates.
The Lodge Unit Election season is underway! All elections must occur before March 31, 2017. The documents necessary for conducting and reporting the results of a Unit Election can be found at Unit Election Resources or attached to this News Message! Ensure all results are emailed to firstname.lastname@example.orgThank you,
Joshua LaBenne - Lodge Chief
Dan O'Neill - Lodge Adviser
“Let it be remembered that the Order of the Arrow was created to help the unit - to help it present its membership a better ideal of the inner qualities of the good Scout camper. Qualities of character, like cheerfulness and service, are hard for a boy or a man to understand in the abstract. They come easier when seen in human life. Let us realize the significance of the Order in the unit – for the unit is our best hope in Scouting.”
~ Dr. E. Urner Goodman - Founder, Order of the Arrow
Also congratulations to the newly named Amangi Wachtschu Chapter! This is the Chapter in the Asia West District serving OA Clans in South Korea, Taiwan, China and Hong Kong.
Keep up the great work expanding the OA in the Far East Council!
It is time once again to pay Membership Dues for 2017. Your dues support Chapter and Lodge Programs, Council Programs and National Order of the Arrow Programs. All money goes to supporting the youth in the Order of the Arrow and the Council.
The new 2017 Dues Link is active on the Lodge Website Home Page!
Vigil Honor members are selected by a committee comprised of Vigil-ineligible youth members from across the council. Most of these youth members probably don’t know your nominee so please elaborate on as much of your nominee's OA and Scouting-related information and activities as possible.
You may nominate multiple candidates but please remember that the Vigil Honor is meant for only the most active and deserving Brotherhood members who have demonstrated the OA principles of Brotherhood, Cheerfulness, and Service.
Access the online nomination form at Google Forms here: https://goo.gl/forms/1m9SYZd0tFhTReg43
Please report problems with the online form to the Lodge Adviser at email@example.com.
The attached 2016 Vigil Eligible List are the current Arrowmen eligible to be nominated for the Vigil Honor based on the below eligibility criteria of a member in good standing with Achpateuny Lodge #803 and a Brotherhood member for at least two years. If it turns out the nominee's registration is not with Far East Council we can not accept the nomination.
Members who are unable to access the online form can use the attached nomination form. Nomination forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not receive notification that your nomination has been received via Google Forms or email within 72 hours of submission please contact email@example.com.
Vigil Honor nominations
The Vigil Honor is a high mark of distinction and recognition reserved for those Brothers who, by reason of exceptional service, personal effort, and unselfish interest, have made distinguished contributions beyond the immediate responsibilities of their position or office to one or more of the following: their lodge, the Order of the Arrow, Scouting or their Scout camp. Under no circumstances should tenure in Scouting or the Order of the Arrow be considered as reason enough for a Vigil Honor recommendation.
The Vigil Honor dates back to 1915 when our Founder, Dr. E. Urner Goodman, became the first Vigil Honor member. The Vigil Honor is a recognition of one’s commitment to servant leadership. Alertness to the needs of others is the mark of the Vigil Honor.
Please provide as much information about the nominee as possible. In this way the Awards Selection Committee can make a fair assessment of the contributions of the nominee to the Lodge.
To be eligible for the Vigil Honor an Arrowman must:
1. Be registered in the Far East Council, BSA.
2. Be a member in good standing of Achpateuny Lodge #803.
3. Be a Brotherhood member for at least two years.
In order for a nomination to be accepted it must:
1. Be submitted on the current Vigil Honor Nomination form or via Google Forms (link above).
2. Be received no later than midnight December 1, 2016.